Become a Leader in Nursing. Mercy's 100% online RN to BSN program offers you educational mobility as a registered nurse. We offer the opportunity to use your prior nursing education and professional experiences to earn advanced leadership roles. If you are a licensed, registered nurse who has a diploma or ASN degree, you may receive up to 39 credit hours toward your RN to BSN. Additional liberal arts and science courses may transfer.
By enrolling in the Mercy College RN to BSN online program, you will be among other working nurses striving towards the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) national goal of achieving an 80% BSN-prepared nursing workforce by 2020. In addition, graduates are prepared to assume roles involving leadership, education, research, and community health.
. Learn more...
- Earn your BSN in as few as 3 semesters.
- 100% of coursework is online*.
- 3 program starts a year; Fall, Spring and Summer.
- Individualized curriculum plans.
- Coursework can be completed on a timeline determined by you – in one to six years depending on what courses you transfer in and your family commitments.
- You may select three specialty seminars from seven topics to create a program that fits your interests.
- Curriculum includes a single, community-based preceptorship which will enhance your understanding of healthcare delivery in the community. Your experiences will enhance your understanding of healthcare delivery in the community including unmatched access to Native American healing rituals on the Pine Ridge reservation (fall and spring) or discovering indigenous medical treatments of the Mayan and Latino populations in the Yucatan (summer).
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program (RN to BSN Track) is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) - One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, D.C., 20036, (202) 887-6791- and has approval of the Iowa Board of Nursing (IBON) - 400 S.W. 8th Street, Suite B, Des Moines, IA 50309-4685, (515) 281-3255
How to Apply
College Admission First
The first step in the admissions process is to apply using the Mercy College Application. Early application is encouraged. For a complete list of College application deadlines, click here. Students admitted to the College may enroll in Liberal Arts & Sciences (LAS) courses prior to admission to any academic program.
Faculty in the RN to BSN program are highly motivated and skilled healthcare practitioners comfortable in the latest technology and evidenced-based practices in their specialty area of healthcare and experienced educators ready to help you learn. They average more than 23 years of clinical experience. Our full-time liberal arts and sciences faculty members are Ph.D.-prepared and adept at integrating their subject matter into a comprehensive health science curriculum. As a student, you will receive an exceptional level of personalized instruction.
Once you have completed your BSN degree, you will be employable nationwide. Jobs for RNs are expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations and many new jobs will result. For more details and statistics about specific roles and job opportunities go to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics website.
Important Information for Online Coursework:
If you are located in a state other than Iowa and wish to enroll in one of our online offerings, please contact us at (515) 643-6715 or firstname.lastname@example.org before enrolling to determine if we are able to offer online courses in your state.
Because state and federal regulations affect how institutions can deliver distance education degrees/programs/courses, Mercy College of Health Sciences may have limited ability to offer online opportunities to students who are physically present in a state outside of Iowa. For more information, visit the Distance Education page.