PALS and PEARS
PEDIATRIC ADVANCED LIFE SUPPRT (PALS)
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course is designed for healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support beyond basic life support through the stabilization or transport of a pediatric emergency, in or out of a hospital. In this course, you will enhance your skills in the evaluation and management of an infant or child undergoing respiratory compromise, circulatory compromise, or cardiac arrest.
- Understand and be able to perform the systematic approach to pediatric assessment of a seriously ill or injured child, including the general, primary, secondary, and tertiary assessments.
- Use the assess-categorize-decide-act approach to decision making.
- Recognize and manage a child in respiratory distress or failure and compensated or hypotensive shock.
- Describe key elements of effective resuscitation team behaviors and explain why the foundation of successful resuscitation includes both mastery of basic skills and effective team dynamics.
- Prevent further deterioration of the child’s condition during the stabilization and transfer phases of care.
To complete the course and obtain your certification, you must attend the entire program, score at least 84% on the written examination, and successfully pass a simulated patient scenario as a Team Leader.
$180 per participant