Tutoring is a support service available to all Mercy College students. The Student Success Center employs peer tutors and non-peer tutors to assist students with many courses. Knowledgeable tutors can assist students by reviewing the course material, answering questions, and reviewing for exams. When combined with other support services offered at Mercy College, tutoring becomes a powerful ally in learning complex course material.
Additional online tutoring services are available through Smarthinking. Login to D2L to access "online tutoring".
- Students may use the tutoring services at no charge.
- Tutoring may be scheduled individually or with a group study table.
- Students may request tutoring at anytime throughout the semester.
- Tutoring is not available on holidays or during breaks.
- Tutoring during final exam week is limited. Inquire to find out if a tutor-led study table will be held.
Contact a tutor by email to request an appointment. At this time, tutors can work with students by video, phone, and email.
Individual sessions are available on a limited basis. Contact the Student Success Center to request an individual session.
Tutor-led Study Tables
Tutor-led study tables are available in the following subjects starting the second week of the semester:
Students looking for a tutor in a subject not listed above should contact Lyneene Richardson to see if one can be arranged.
The Student Success Center hires students as peer tutors. Come work in a fun, flexible environment and earn extra money while on campus.
If interested, please contact Lyneene Richardson for more information.