EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT
The 1998 Higher Education Act requires all postsecondary institutions to make a good faith effort to distribute voter registration information to all students. As a result, we are providing the following information about voter registration. We hope that you find this information to be useful. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Registering to Vote in the State of Iowa
In the state of Iowa, you must be a registered voter before you can vote.
Qualified Registrants in Iowa Are:
- Citizens of the United States
- Residents of Iowa
- At least 17 years old (Note: You must be 18 years old by Election Day to vote. This includes the Primary Election)
- Voter Registration Information
- Election Day Registration
- Updating Registration Information
- Restoration of Rights
Voters Can Also Register in Person At:
- Iowa Secretary of State’s Office
- County Auditor’s Office
- Driver’s License Stations
- Public Assistance Agencies
- State Offices Serving People with Disabilities
- Some City Clerk’s Offices and School Board Secretaries’ Offices
Registering to Vote Outside the State of Iowa
Check out everything you need to know about exercising your right to vote!
How to Vote in College
Learn what you need to do to vote in college.
Register to Vote
Exercise your right and register to vote in Iowa.