Student Health Services at Mercy College of Health Sciences supports students in meeting their health and wellness needs.
The goal of our Registered Nurse staffed office is to assist our students on campus in adopting lifestyle behaviors that will allow them to live, work, and learn together in ways that optimize their health and well-being. This includes health education and promotion services related to college health issues, such as alcohol, drugs, fitness, nutrition, disease prevention, and stress. Fostering an environment in which high priority is given to personal health and well-being supports the overall commitment of Mercy College to help students reach their full potential in all aspects of their lives.
Services we offer:
- First aid
- Minor injury and illness care
- Over-the-counter medications, basic medical supplies, and feminine hygiene products
- Blood pressure screenings
- Blood sugar screenings, if medically indicated
- Seasonal Influenza vaccinations (during scheduled flu clinics and by appointment)
- TB skin test readings (does not give injection, but can read skin test within the required 48-72 hour time frame)
- Medical withdrawal counseling
- Guidance on CastleBranch requirements
- Health information and educational resources
- Community referrals
Time to get your annual flu vaccine!
Mercy College requires all students and employees to receive the flu vaccine.
Student Health Services offers FREE flu vaccinations to all Mercy College staff and students.
Please utilize the scheduled flu vaccine clinics during flu season or contact the Student Health Nurse to make an appointment to receive your vaccination.
For additional information about the flu read the Flu Vaccination FAQs.
The Mercy Campus is tobacco free!
Mercy College and Mercy Medical Center are tobacco free campuses. To learn more about this initiative and smoking cessation resources, visit www.mercydesmoines.org/for-patients/tobacco-free-campus