Welcome! Mercy College is dedicated to helping you achieve your educational goals and maximize your veterans benefits. We appreciate your service to our country. We work with all Chapters of VA Educational Benefits: 33/Post 9-11, 30,106,107, 35, 31 as well as Federal Tuition Assistance (Go Army Ed) and National Guard Educations Assistance Program (NGEAP).

Yellow Ribbon

Mercy College is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon Participant. As a participant in the Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program, Mercy College contributes additional funds for your education program without an additional charge to your GI Bill entitlement. The VA matches that amount and issues payments directly to the institution. The Yellow Ribbon program is designed to help students who qualify, finance up to 100 percent of their out-of-pocket tuition and fees associated with education programs that may exceed the Post 9/11 GI Bill tuition benefit.

Eligibility You may be eligible for veteran’s education benefits if you have served in the military, or are the spouse or dependent of a veteran. Your eligibility for benefits can only be determined by the Department of Veteran Affairs.

Receiving Benefits

Veterans or eligible dependents planning to enroll should apply for VA benefits at the time of admission. Please contact the VA Certifying Official at Mercy College Office of the Registrar with questions or for necessary forms.

First-Time Applicants

If you have never used your VA Benefits before, you’ll need to apply online using VONAPP - the Veterans Online Application. It’s helpful to keep a copy of the application for yourself and forward a copy to the Registrar’s Office. The VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in 4-6 weeks. When you receive the COE please provide a copy to the Registrar’s Office.

The application process for new claims takes a minimum of 60-90 days from when you submit your paperwork. You do not need to be approved for those benefits before registering for classes.

Transferring Benefits

If you have used your benefits at another college you do not need to apply for benefits. Please contact the Registrar’s l to complete VA Form 22-1995 - Change of Program/Place of Training.