Courses Regularly Taught
- MLS 414 Urinalysis, Body Fluids, Microscopy
- MLS 416 Clinical Chemistry Didactic
- MLS 436 Clinical Chemistry Rotation I
- MLS 466 Clinical Chemistry Rotation II
- MLS 435 Clinical Microbiology Rotation I
- MLS 465 Clinical Microbiology Rotation II
Year Started at Mercy College 2009
- BS, Iowa State University (1987)
- MT certification, Mercy School of Medical Technology (1987)
- MLS(ASCP)CM - Medical Laboratory Scientist
Advice to Students
Take time to evaluate where you are, where you want to be and how you plan to get there, while praying for guidance.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist since 1987 in a variety of laboratory settings. (Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines, VA Medical Center, Iowa City, along with critical access hospitals in rural counties.)
- Newborn Screening Health Scientist
- QC/Lab Manager in industry
- Processing Supervisor at Mercy Medical Ctr.
- MLS(ASCP)cm American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- ASCLS American Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists.
Community Service Involvement
I love to read and spend time with my huge family. I am the youngest of 15 and my husband is the youngest of 6. I have taught my whole life, formally and informally. I now have the opportunity to do it full time in a field I love!