- CMP 120 Computer Informatics
- HIM 240 Introduction to Health Information Management
- HIM 260 Coding I
- HIM 310 Coding II
- HIM 330 Electronic Health Record Concepts
- HIM 340 Healthcare Statistics
- HIM 410 Health Informatics Project Management
- HIM 415 Health Information Privacy and Security
- HIM 425 Health Data Analytics
- HIM 440 Health Data Architecture
- HIM 450 Reimbursement Methodologies
- HIM 460 Quality Improvement and Compliance
Started at Mercy College 2017
- Allied Health/HIM Program
- Jennifer Talbot is currently working on her Doctorate in Education with a specialization in Personalized and Competency-based Instruction through Capella University. She received her Master of Science in Higher Education from Kaplan University in 2013. Jennifer earned her Baccalaureate in Applied Science in Health Information Management through the University of Cincinnati, and Associate in Applied Science in Health Information Technology through Davenport University.
- Jennifer holds certifications as a Registered Health Administrator (RHIA) and Certified Coding Specialist Physician-Based (CCS-P) through the American Health Information Management Association.
Clinical Field Experience
- 4 years full-time combined clinical practice in acute care and physician-based settings with Chargemaster/revenue cycle, professional fee coding (one-site and remotely), auditing, medical office management, and tumor registry.
- Full-time teaching and program administration since August 2011, previously within Medical Office Professions, Medical Billing and Coding, and Health Information Technology. Classroom delivery has been face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
- 1.5 years adjunct-faculty at Mid Michigan Community College, teaching face-to-face.
- 3 years adjunct-faculty at Kaplan University, teaching online.
Professional Projects/Research Interests
- Research Interests: Competency-based instruction, assessment, healthcare faculty mentoring, and the impact that technology has on student success.
- Content Reviewer, The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing 2017/2018 Edition, author Carol Buck, published by Elsevier
- Content Reviewer, Step-by-Step 2017 Edition, author Carol Buck, published by Elsevier.
- Content Reviewer, Comprehensive Medical Coding 1/e (2016), author Lorraine Papazian-Boyce, published by Pearson.
- Content Reviewer: Step-by-Step 2016 Edition, author Carol Buck, published by Elsevier.
- July 30, 2017, VLab Innovations Lab Presentations on 3M Encoder and drchrono/co-presenter for Find-A-Code, Assembly on Education Symposium/Faculty Development Institute (AoE/FDI), Anaheaim Marriott, Anaheim, California.
- October 16, 2014, ICD-10 Teaching Techniques, TRENDS, Grand Traverse Resort, Traverse City, Michigan.
- October 18, 2013, ICD-10-PCS, MMHIMA Annual Fall Conference, Great Hall, Midland, Michigan.
- February 4, 2012. Held ICD-10-CM 6 CEU Workshop, Lincoln Center, Bay City, Michigan.
- October 15, 2011, ICD-10 Overview, October American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Bay City Chapter Meeting, Lincoln Center, Bay City, Michigan. • April 11, 2011, ICD-10-PCS Overview, AHIMA Vision 2016 & ICD-10 Overview, Davenport University, Saginaw, Michigan.
- AHIMA - American Health Information Management Association
- MHIMA – Michigan Health Information Management Association
- AAPC – American Academy of Professional Coders
- AALHE - Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education
- ISTE – Instructional Society for Technology in Education
Advice to Students/Favorite quote
What I would like to share with you from my own educational and professional endeavors is this:
- Actively seek knowledge and you will gain wisdom
- Apply what you learn and discover your hidden talents
- Network as much as possible and you will become known
- Be passionate about what you are doing and you will become recognized