Assistant Professor in Nursing of the School of Nursing
Courses Regularly Taught
- NSG 101 Introduction to Professional Nursing Concepts
- NSG 102 Professional Nursing Skills
- NSG 131 Nursing Health Promotion Across the Life Span
- NSG 160 Nursing Care of Patients Across the Life Span I
Year Started at Mercy College 2001
- BSN, Grand View University (1989)
- Master's in Leadership with an Emphasis in Education, Regis University (2009)
Advice to Students
Seek assistance quickly if needed. Don't wait until it is too late into the semester.
- 8 years, Med-surg nurse at Mercy Medical Center- Des Moines. During this time I held educator and management roles.
- 7 years, Pre-Surgery Manager
- 6 Years, Clinical instructor at Mercy College of Health Sciences
- Sigma Theta Tau International-International Nursing Honor Society-Zeta Chi Chapter
- Iowa Society of Pediatric Nurses
Community Service Involvement
- Participate in various activities with Hope Ministries, including serving meals at Bethel Mission and working at the Hope Ministries Thrift Store.
My husband Brian and I have been married for 18 years, we, along with our two children, Cameron 14 and Abbie 8, live in Altoona. We also have a few pets in the family; two guinea pigs, Cocoa and Casper, a hamster, Snickers and Rhett the rat terrier.
We spend many hours cheering on our children at their sporting events; football, soccer, baseball, and softball. When time permits, I enjoy scrapbooking.