Courses Regularly Taught
- PHY 101 Physics I (with Lab)
- PHY 102 Physics II (with Lab)
- CHE 101 General Chemistry I (with lab)
- CHE 420 Biochemistry
- BIO 460 Cell and Molecular Biology
Year Started at Mercy College 2016
- MS, Physics, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (Russia)
- PhD, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute of Cytology, Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia)
Research Interests and Professional Projects
- Molecular mechanisms of hypertension
- Regulation of the gene expression and molecular mechanisms regulating ion channels and transporters in cancer development
- Mathematical modelling of physiological processes
Advice to Students/Favorite Quote
- "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration" — Thomas Alva Edison
Selected from over 25 peer-reviewed journal articles:
- 1. Babich V, Henry MK, Di Sole F: Application of Electrophysiology Measurement to Study the Activity of Electro-Neutral Transporters. J Vis Exp., 132, 2018.
- 2. Platonova NA, Orlov IA, Klotchenko SA, Babich VS, Ilyechova EY, Babich PS, Garmai YP, Vasin AV, Tsymbalenko NV, Puchkova LV. Ceruloplasmin gene expression profile changes in the rat mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation and involution. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 43: 126-134, 2017.
- 3. Di Sole F and Babich V. New Insight into Adenosine Receptor Control of Salt and Fluid Homeostasis. Editorial. MOJ Cell Science & Report 3(2): 00052, 2016
- 4. Babich V, Vadnagara K, Di Sole F: Dual effect of adenosine A1 receptor activation on renal O2 consumption. J Cell Physiol. 230 (12): 3093-104, 2015.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Iowa Physiological Society (IPS)