Year Started at Mercy College 2012
Courses Taught Regularly
- BIO 102 Biology II
- BIO 180 Human Anatomy
- BIO 185 Human Physiology
- BIO 410 Advanced Anatom
- BIO 450 Histology/Embryology
- PhD, Education, Drake University (2018)
- MS, Anatomy, Des Moines University (2012)
- BS, Kinesiology and Health, Iowa State University (2010)
Fiala, M. R. (2018). A multi-case study of private institution undergraduate anatomy and physiology faculty in one midwest state (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest.
Scholbrock, M. (2015). Share the wealth: The story of adjunct professors and distributed leadership. In P. Bowden, B. Gevock, & M. Scholbrock (Eds.), Legacies of Leadership (pp. 110–119). Des Moines, IA: Drake Leadership Series.
Research Interests and Professional Projects
2016-2018: Pedagogy in Undergraduate Anatomy and Physiology Faculty
2009-2010: Iowa Walk to School Program
2009: Exercise-Based Immunology
- Association for Science Teacher Education December 2016-present
- American Educational Research Association September 2016-present
- Iowa Educational Research and Evaluation Association September 2016-present
- United States Distance Learning Association September 2016-present
- Iowa Distance Learning Association September 2016-present
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society December 2007- present
- Alpha Lamba Delta/Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society September 2007- present
- Golden Key International Honor Society April 2008-present
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars September 2008- present
Advice to Students
“Watch your thoughts for they become words.
Watch your words for they become actions.
Watch your actions for they become habits.
Watch your habits for they become your character.
And watch your character for it becomes your destiny."
- Margaret Thatcher