Courses Regularly Taught
- Administrative Procedures I (MA 101)
- Administrative Procedures II (MA 121)
- Clinical Procedures I (MA 102)
- Clinical Procedures II (MA 122)
- Professional Components (MA 201)
- Practicum (MA 202)
- Radiology Practicum (LRT 120)
Year Started at Mercy College: 2016
- Masters of Science; Higher Education - College Teaching and Learning; Kaplan University; Chicago, IL - summa cum laude
- Bachelor of Arts; Communication Studies - Rhetoric and Speech; Simpson College, Indianola, IA - summa cum laude
- Medical Assistant Education; Iowa Central Community College, Fort Dodge, IA - with honors
- CMA (AAMA)
- CNPR: National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives
- American Association of Medical Assistants
- National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives
- Continuing and Graduate Alumni Board of Directors for Simpson College
I have worked as a CMA in the administrative, clinical, and lab areas of the medical office for over 13 years. My background includes Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and Cardiology.
Advice to Students
“Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” ― Abigail Adams
This is the perfect position for me as I am passionate about the medical field and education! I absolutely love teaching! The student's success is my success!
In my spare time, I enjoy bicycling, walking, working out at the YMCA, church activities, and being a spiritual mentor for six women. I have a beautiful adult daughter, Abby, who is in Graphic Design. And, a fun little chocolate schnauzer, Truffles.