Courses Regularly Taught
- DMS 116 Applied General I
- DMS 118 Applied General I
- DMS 216 Applied General III
- DMS 226 Applied General IV
- DMS 111 Lab I
- DMS 126 Lab II
- DMS 136 Lab III
- DMS 210 Lab IV
- DMS 234 General Seminar
Year Started at Mercy College 2011
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHS) Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound, University of Missouri (2008)
- Master of Health Sciences (MHS), Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound, University of Missouri (2009)
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Songrapher (RDMS (AB, OB/GYN))
Advice to Students
" You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - C.S. Lewis
- Cardiovascular sonographer - Missouri Heart Center in Columbia, Missouri for 3 years.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
There was one thing that I was sure of: I wanted my career path to be paved with variety, challenge and the ability to work with and help people! Never would I have thought that those requirements would lead me to the health care industry, but I am so glad I was open to the opportunity!
Upon completion of my BHS in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound I was faced with the decision to eagerly enter the workforce, or continue my education to earn my MHS. Becoming an educator was the driving force behind the decision to push onward into graduate school. I enjoyed, very much, learning and understanding the complexities of our bodies and the amazing role ultrasound plays in its evaluation. Even more so, the priceless relationships with faculty and fellow students have been vital in my growth as a sonographer. I look forward to building these relationships throughout my career as an instructor.