Tutoring is a support service available to all Mercy College students. The Student Success Center employs peer tutors and non-peer tutors to assist students with courses. Knowledgeable tutors can assist students by reviewing the course material, answering questions, and reviewing for exams. When combined with other support services offered at Mercy College, tutoring becomes a powerful ally in learning complex course material.
- Students may use the tutoring services at no charge.
- Tutoring may be scheduled individually or with a group study table.
- Students may request tutoring at anytime throughout the semester.
Tutor-led Study Table Schedule
The schedule can be accessed by clicking on this link. The table times are subject to change based on tutor availability. Regularly check the schedule for updates.
The Student Success Center hires students as peer tutors. Come work in a fun, flexible environment and earn extra money while on campus.
If interested, please contact Kris Owens at (515) 643-6659 or email for more information.
Tutor-led study tables sessions are available in the following subjects:
- Algebra & Pre-Algebra
To schedule an individual tutoring session, please call Kris Owens at
- Students looking for a tutor in a
subject not listed above should contact Kris Owens to
see if one can be arranged.
- Individual sessions are available on a limited basis.
- Tutoring is not available on holidays or during breaks.
- During final exam week is limited. Inquire to find out if a tutor-led study table will be held.