Surgical Technology Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to the Surgical Technology Certificate Program, applicants must be admitted to Mercy College and meet the criteria listed below. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to a professional program. Upon being granted general College admission, students may enroll in Liberal Arts and Science (LAS) courses in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Students are encouraged to take LAS courses at Mercy College to meet any unmet program requirements below.
- Demonstrate the stated level of achievement in one of the following areas:
- Earn a high school or college cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Earn a GED score of 450 or higher.
- Earn an ACT composite score of 18 or higher.
- Earned an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university
- Completed nine (9) college credit hours specific to the Mercy College Curriculum, achieved a grade of “C” or higher in each course, and earned a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate completion of one year of high school or one semester of college-level coursework with a
grade of at least a 2.5 (“C” not “C-”) on a 4.0 scale in each of these required courses: pre-Algebra and
- Interview with the Surgical Technology Selection Committee.