Surgical Technology Admission Requirements
The successful applicant for admission to the certificate or associate of science programs must meet the general college requirements for admission to Mercy College and the criteria listed below. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to a professional program. Upon being granted general College admissions, students may enroll in Liberal Arts and Science (LAS) courses in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Students are encouraged to take LAS courses at Mercy College to meet any unmet program requirements below:
- Demonstrate the stated level of achievement in one of the following areas:
- Earn a high school or college cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Earn a GED score of 450 or higher.
Earn an ACT composite score of 18 or higher. Associate Degree candidates must have earned an ACT score of 19 or higher.
- If the above criteria are not met, students may be admitted if they:
- Earned an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA or 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Completed nine(9) college credit hours specific to the Mercy College ST curriculum, achieved a grade of “C” or higher in each course and earned a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Associate of Science Degree Only: Completed the Mercy College Surgical Technology certificate program with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate completion of one year of high school or one semester of college-level coursework with a grade of at least a 2.5 ("C" not "C-") on a 4.0 scale in each of these required courses:
- Algebra I
- Interview with the Surgical Technology Selection Committee.