Professional Program Days
Mercy College's Professional Program Days welcomes all students who are new to their professional program of study with a series of activities designed to bring students, faculty and staff closer together. This session is designed for those who are new to Mercy College as well as those who have been attending Mercy College but will now start classes within their professional programs.
All students are required to attend Professional Program Day prior to starting their professional program of study. Each session provides information to familiarize students with services, procedures and policies of individual programs that are necessary for success during on-campus coursework as well as while in the many clinical experiences you will have in hospitals and other settings. Students will hear from their school dean, academic program chair and meet with their faculty advisor. Students also receive information from their first semester program instructors, which will help to make the first day of class that much more successful.
If you have a conflict with attending your Professional Program day, you will need to make arrangements with one of the people shown below, in advance, to make-up this content.
- Professional Program Details (Clinical Schedules, etc.)
- Program Policie Handbooks
- Opportunity to meet your advisor
Have a Conflict?
You’ll need to contact one of the following Program Chairs to determine what you’ll need to do to make this day up.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Students
Adrienne St.Clair (643-6610)
- Emergency Medical Services Students
David Filipp (643-7498)
- Health Care Administration Students
Dr. Suzanne Crandall (643-6616)
- Health Science Students
Dr. Jeannine Matz (643-6703)
- Liberal Arts & Science Only Students
Dr. Jeannine Matz (643-6703)
- Medical Assisting Students
Dr. Janet Roberts-Andersen (643-6705)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Students
Dr. Robert Loch (643-6679)
- Nursing (ASN Only) Students
Assistant Professor Carolyn Adams (643-6723)
- Physical Therapist Assistant Students
Sue Bravard (643-6614)
- Polysomnographic Technology Students
Dr. Theresa Smith (643-6732)
- Radiologic Technology Students
Karen Norris (643-6634)
- Surgical Technology Students
Kathy Baumer (643-6719)
Fall Professional Program Days
Sullivan Center Lobby
Allied Health -
- Tuesday, August 26, 4:00-6:30 PM
Students registered for their first courses in the following programs need to attend this session:
Nursing - ASN
- Provided during your first nursing class the week of September 2
Students registered for their first courses in the ASN Nursing program need to attend this session.
Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Program Chair will contact Health Science students for individual sessions
Students registered for their first courses in the BSHS program will meet with the Program Chair.
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration and Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Online: Students registered for their first courses in the BSHCA program will be contacted by the program chair.