Mercy Medical Center
Mercy Medical Center at a Glance
- A 802-bed acute care, not-for-profit Catholic hospital, located on three Des Moines campuses.
- Des Moines' oldest continually-operating hospital, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893.
- A network of health care facilities in 18 rural communities.
- 50 family practice and specialty clinics throughout the Des Moines metro area.
- Employs more than 6,600 people, with a medical staff of 950 physicians and allied health professionals.
- A major referral center of the Midwest.
- Mercy’s areas of excellence include cancer services, heart and vascular services, diabetes and endocrinology, emergency medicine, medical imaging, birthing services, brain and spine services, orthopaedics and rehabilitation, pediatrics, weight loss and nutrition services and a wide array of specialty and outpatient services.