Bachelor of Science in Health Science
To be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Health Science Program, applicants must be admitted to Mercy College (See College Admissions section) and meet the criteria listed below. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to a professional program. Upon being granted general College admission, students may enroll in Liberal Arts and Science (LAS) courses in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences as a pre Health Science student.
- First-time College Students:
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, and
Minimum ACT composite score of 21.
- Transfer Students:
- Complete nine (9) college credit hours specific to the Mercy College BSHS curriculum, achieve a
grade of “C” or higher (not C-) in each course, and
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the last college attended (minimum of
nine (9) credits), or
- Earned an associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Current Mercy College students who wish to dual enroll in an Associate of Science and BSHS degree:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale on courses completed at Mercy College.
- Interview with the Program Chair of BSHS.