Student Loan Counseling

Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling   Stafford Loan Exit Conseling   Repayment FAQs

Students who borrow any Federal Stafford Loans at Mercy College of Health Sciences are required to complete loan counseling both prior to borrowing loans and upon graduation or withdrawal from the college.

Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling

An entrance counseling form is mailed with the student's financial aid package and must be completed before the college will process the loan. The form may also be found here. New borrowers should view the additional information here.

Stafford Loan Exit Counseling

Upon graduation or withdrawal, any student who has borrowed a Stafford loan while attending Mercy College must complete exit counseling. Exit counseling may be completed online or in person by appointment with a member of the Mercy College Financial Aid staff. Students who borrow any Federal Stafford Loans at Mercy College will be notified by email of the exit counseling requirement. Topics covered include repayment information, consolidation, deferment, and student loan contact information. If you have questions about the exit counseling procedure contact the Financial Aid Office at 515-643-6715.

Repayment FAQs

How can I view all my federal loans? 
You can log on to at any time. You will need the PIN you used when you filed your FAFSA.

How can I get a free credit report showing my private loans? 
You can get a free annual credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus at

I'm having trouble making payments on my loans. How can I get help? 
Contact your lender as soon as possible. Also visit for more information on deferments, forbearances, or alternative payment plans that you might qualify for that might delay or reduce your payments. Many of the forms can be completed on the website.