Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Associate Program, applicants must be
admitted to Mercy College (See Admissions section) and meet the criteria listed below. Admission to the College
does not guarantee admission to a professional program. Upon being granted general College admission, students
may enroll in Liberal Arts and Science (LAS) courses in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Students are
encouraged to take LAS courses at Mercy College to meet any unmet program requirements below.
Demonstrate completion of one year of high school or one semester of college-level coursework with a
grade of at least a 2.0 (“C” not “C-”) on a 4.0 scale in each of these required courses: Algebra I, Algebra II,
- First-time College Students:
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 AND
Minimum ACT composite score of 21 or higher.
- Transfer Students:
- Complete nine (9) college credit hours specific to the Mercy College ASDMS Curriculum,
achieve a grade of “C” or higher (not “C-”) in each course AND
Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the last college attended (minimum of
nine (9) credits)
- Once the application and transcripts are received and it is determined the applicant meets the
- Provide documentation of an eight-hour observation in an ultrasound department: two hours each in abdominal, cardiac, obstetrics, and vascular for a total of eight hours.
- An interview will be scheduled once observation documentation is received. The applicant must
achieve an interview score of 80% or higher with the Selection Committee.
Program Application Deadlines
Applications to the DMS program must be received by the Office of Admissions by the following dates:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Application Deadline: November 15
Transcript Deadline: December 1
Observation Deadline: January 1
Interview Deadline: February 15