Program Chair, Radiologic Technology Program of the School of Allied Health
Courses Regularly Taught
- RAD 111 Clinical Practicum I
- RAD 121 Clinical Practicum II
- RAD 131 Clinical Internship III
- RAD 210 Applied Radiography IV
- RAD 211 Clinical Practicum IV
- RAD 221 Clinical Practicum V
- RAD 104 Principles of Radiographic Imaging I
- RAD 114 Principles of Radiographic Imaging II
- RAD 203 Advanced Patient Care
- RAD 205 Radiation Physics
- RAD 220 Applied Radiography V
Year Started at Mercy College 2002
- Attended Iowa State University
- Mercy Hospital-Certificate in Radiologic Technology (1978)
- College of St. Francis-Bachelors of Science in Health Arts (1996)
- Attending Drake University for Master’s Degree-Completion date of December 2014
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (R)
Advice to Students
Treat your clinical experience like it is a book, you can get so much from it!
- I have been a radiographer since graduating from Mercy's program in 1978. I have experience in general radiology, radiation therapy and education.
- ISRT South Central District
Community Service Involvement
Married to Tom Norris, we have 1 son, who attends Oregon State University.
Karen Norris, BSRT(R)
Program Chair, Radiologic Technology Program
Building 1, Room 205
My office hours are posted on my office window, they change each semester as needed with the class schedule. You can always email or call me for an appointment if the hours posted do not work for your schedule.
Mercy College of Health Sciences
928 6th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309-1239