Program Chair, Radiologic Technology Program of the School of Allied Health
Courses Regularly Taught
- RAD 110 Applied Radiography I
- RAD 111 Clinical Practicum I
- RAD 116 Imaging Systems
- RAD 120 Applied Radiography II
- RAD 121 Clinical Practicum II
- RAD 130 Applied Radiography III
- RAD 131 Clinical Internship III
- RAD 210 Applied Radiography IV
- RAD 211 Clinical Practicum IV
- RAD 221 Clinical Practicum V
Year Started at Mercy College 2002
- Attended Iowa State University
- Mercy Hospital-Certificate in Radiologic Technology (1978)
- College of St. Francis-Bachelors of Science in Health Arts (1996)
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (R)
Advice to Students
Treat your clinical experience like it is a book, you can get so much from it!
- I have been a radiographer since graduating from Mercy's program in 1978. I have experience in general radiology, radiation therapy and education.
- ISRT South Central District
Community Service Involvement
Married to Tom Norris, we have 1 son, who attends Oregon State University.
Karen Norris, BSRT(R)
Program Chair, Radiologic Technology Program
Building 1, Room 215
My office hours are posted on my office window, they change each semester as needed with the class schedule. You can always email or call me for an appointment if the hours posted do not work for your schedule.
Mercy College of Health Sciences
928 6th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309-1239