Interim Dean of the School of Allied Health, Clinical Laboratory Science Program Chair and Assistant Professor
Courses Regularly Taught
- CLS 418 Clinical Laboratory Management Didactic I
- CLS 435 Clinical Microbiology Rotation I
- CLS 442 Clinical Microbiology Didactic I
- CLS 448 Clinical Laboratory Management and Education Methods Didactic II
- CLS 465 Clinical Microbiology Rotation II
- CLS 472 Clinical Microbiology Didactic II
- CLS 478 Clinical Laboratory Management and Education Methods Didactic III
- CLS 485 Phlebotomy
Year Started at Mercy College 2008
- BA, Drake University (1986)
- MT Certificate, Mercy School of Medical Technology (1986)
- MS, Drake University (2005)
- MLS(ASCP)CM - Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a large Microbiology laboratory - 22 years
- Clinical and didactic Instructor in Microbiology - 27 years.
- Didactic Instructor in Management and Education - 13 years.
- CLS Program Microbiology Education Coordinator - 14 years.
- CLS Program On-Site Coordinator - 5 years.
- CLS Program Director/Chair - 13 years.
- ASCLS - American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- ASCLS-IA - American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science Iowa Branch
Advice to Students
What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love...Give it the best there is in you...Seize your opportunities...And be a member of the team. - Benjamin F. Fairless
Kyla Dippold, MS, MLS(ASCP)CM
Interim Dean of the School of Allied Health, Clinical Laboratory Science
Program Chair and Assistant Professor
Mercy Court, Room B18 (Lower Level)
Monday-Friday 7:00 am-2:30 pm
Mercy College of Health Sciences
Clinical Laboratory Science Program
928 6th Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309-1239