Clinical Laboratory Science Program Chair and Assistant Professor of the School of Allied Health
Courses Regularly Taught
- CLS 401 Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Science
- CLS 415 Clinical Microbiology
- CLS 435 Clinical Microbiology Rotation I
- CLS 465 Clinical Microbiology Rotation II
- CLS 470 Management and Education Methods
- CLS 475 Pathology Lecture Series
- CLS 480 CLS Rotation Week
- CLS 485 Phlebotomy
Year Started at Mercy College 2008
- BA, Drake University (1986)
- MS, Drake University (2005)
- MLS(ASCP)CM - Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a large Microbiology laboratory - 22 years
- Clinical and didactic Instructor in Microbiology - 26 years.
- Didactic Instructor in Management and Education - 12 years.
- CLS Program Microbiology Education Coordinator - 14 years.
- CLS Program On-Site Coordinator - 5 years.
- CLS Program Director/Chair - 7 years.
- ASCLS - American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- ASCLS IA - American Society for Clinical Laboratory Scienc, Iowa Branch
Advice to Students
What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love...Give it the best there is in you...Seize your opportunities...And be a member of the team. - Benjamin F. Fairless
Kyla Dippold, MS, MLS(ASCP)CM
Program Chair and Assistant Professor, Clinical Laboratory Science
Mercy Court, Room B18 (Lower Level)
Monday-Friday 7:00 am-2:30 pm
Mercy College of Health Sciences
Clinical Laboratory Science Program
928 6th Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309-1239