Kim Oswald, Ed.D, MSN, RN
Associate Professor, Nursing; Program Manager, Pathways to Health Care Careers-Iowa
Courses Regularly Taught
- NSG 420 - BSN Professional Role II
- NSG 417 - Principles of Teaching/Learning (Co-teaching)
Year Started at Mercy College 2010
- Ed.D., Adult Education/Leadership, Drake University
- Ed.S., Drake University
- MSN, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- BSN, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Advice to Students
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt
Life offers us many opportunities to develop and learn - dream big!
- Adult Education and Leadership, Nursing Education, Clinical Nursing (Cardiac/Critical Care)
Research Interests and Professional Projects
- Doctoral Dissertation - Nurses' Perceptions of Spirituality and Spiritual Care
- Masters Thesis - Patient Descriptions of a Critical Care Environment within which Healing is Fostered
- Areas of interest include Nursing/Adult Education, Leadership Development, Spirituality within Nursing
- Pathways to Health Care Careers (Iowa) - research project facilitator/researcher
- International Training Leadership Summit Presenter, San Diego, CA (May 2009) "Marathon Leadership Development: Commitment, Challenge, Victory."
Community Service Involvement
- Iowa Heart Foundation Volunteer (2007-present)
- Flood effort service volunteer in New Hampton, Iowa (2008)
- I am active in supporting my local church and community based non-profit organizations supporting cardiac health and wellness.
I have been blessed with rich experiences working in the field of cardiac/critical care nursing and am excited to support development of future nurses and nurse leaders at MCHS. From an early start of my career, I found great joy in assisting nurses to develop the skills and abilities to provide compassionate, exceptional care for patients. My interests center upon spending time with my family, gardening, exercising, and traveling to warm climates!