Dean of Nursing of the Division of Nursing
Year Started at Mercy College 1999
- Ph.D Higher Education Leadership and Policy Studies, Iowa State University (2008)
- MN, Nursing Administration/ Education, University of Oregon Health Sciences Center (1980)
- BSN, University of Iowa (1972)
- Nurse Executive Advanced-Board Certified (NEA-BC)
Advice to Students
Make the most of your education and it will make the most of you.
- Clinical Experience- Maternal-Child Nursing and Pediatrics 5 years
- Nursing Administration 20 years
- Nursing Education 3 years
- Educational Leadership-13 years
Research Interests and Professional Projects
- Co-Presenter at Mercy Team Quality Pillar: Mercy College NCLEX-RX First Time Pass Rates at MCHS.
- Co-authored manuscript, Faculty Support for ESL Students: Action Plan for Student Success, published in July 2012, Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Masters Thesis-Participative Decision Making and Work Satisfaction of Nursing Faculty
- Doctoral Dissertation-Second Fiddle? An Interpretive Study of Followers of Servant Leaders
- Presented Doctoral Dissertation Research at Mercy Medical Center Advancing Evidence-Based Practice Forum on April 21, 2009
- Interview with Dean Borg, Iowa Public Radio on March 19, 2009
- Presented Doctoral Dissertation Research at Digma Theta Tau International Annual Evening of Research on March 10, 2009
- Presented Doctoral Dessertation Research at the Mercy College Lunch and Lean on February 19, 2009
- Presented the Relationship of HESI Scores and NCLEX-RN First Time Pass Rates at Mercy Medical Center Advancing Evidence-Based Practice Forum
- Iowa Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Iowa Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society of Education
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society of Nursing
My husband, Fred, and I have two daughters. Kelsey is an RN in Kansas City. She and her husband, Ben, have two daughters, Charlotte Jayne and Eleanora Maye. Our daughter, Whitney, has her Masters in Accounting from the University of Kansas and works in Kansas City. My interests include cooking, walking for fitness, hiking, biking, IOWA football, and traveling. Fred and I love spending time with our children and grandchildren.