RN to BSN (Online)
Our Program How to Apply Faculty Job Outlook
Become a Leader in Nursing
Mercy's 100% online RN to BSN program offers you educational mobility as a registered nurse. We offer the opportunity to use your prior nursing education and professional experiences to earn advanced leadership roles. If you are a licensed, registered nurse who has a diploma or ASN degree, you may receive up to 39 credit hours toward your RN to BSN. Additional liberal arts and science courses may transfer.
By enrolling in the Mercy College RN to BSN online program, you will be among other working nurses striving towards the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) national goal of achieving an 80% BSN-prepared nursing workforce by 2020. In addition, graduates are prepared to assume roles involving leadership, education, research, and community health.
- Earn your BSN in as few as 3 semesters.
- 100% of coursework is online.
- 3 program starts a year; Fall, Spring and Summer.
- Individualized curriculum plans.
- Coursework can be completed on a timeline determined by you – in one to six years depending on what courses you transfer in and your family commitments.
- You may select three specialty seminars from seven topics to create a program that fits your interests.
- Curriculum includes a single, community-based preceptorship which will enhance your understanding of healthcare delivery in the community. Your experiences will enhance your understanding of healthcare delivery in the community including unmatched access to Native American healing rituals on the Pine Ridge reservation (fall and spring) or discovering indigenous medical treatments of the Mayan and Latino populations in the Yucatan (summer).
Our RN to BSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and has approval of the Iowa Board of Nursing.
How to Apply - A Two Step Process
College Admission First
The first step in the admissions process is to apply using the Mercy College Application. Early application is encouraged. For a complete list of College and program application deadlines, click here. Students admitted to the College may enroll in Liberal Arts & Sciences (LAS) courses prior to admission to any academic program.
Program Admission Second
The RN to BSN will admit new students in fall, spring and summer. Following College admission, you will receive instructions to complete an Intent to Enroll Form for your specific program. For a complete list of application deadlines, click here.
Faculty in the RN to BSN program are highly motivated and skilled healthcare practitioners comfortable in the latest technology and evidenced-based practices in their specialty area of healthcare and experienced educators ready to help you learn. They average more than 23 years of clinical experience. Our fulltime liberal arts and sciences faculty members are Ph.D.-prepared and adept at integrating their subject matter into a comprehensive health science curriculum. As a student, you will receive an exceptional level of personalized instruction.
Once you have completed your BSN degree, you will be employable nationwide. Jobs for RNs are expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations and many new jobs will result. For more details and statistics about specific roles and job opportunities go to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics website.