Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines is a not-for-profit hospital with a total of 875 beds situated across four campuses:
- Mercy Medical Center – central campus
- Mercy Medical Center – West Lakes
- Mercy Medical Center – Centerville
- Skiff Medical Center in Newton
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, Mercy is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
With approximately 7,000 sta members and a medical staff of about 1,200 physicians and allied health professionals, Mercy is one of the state’s largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers.
Mercy is accredited by The Joint Commission – a seal of approval indicating Mercy meets strict performance standards, provides high quality patient care and demonstrates accountability in the rapidly changing field of health care.
Fourteen of Iowa’s community hospitals – from Bloomfield and Webster City to Greenfield and beyond – have chosen to affliate with Mercy Health Network
– Central Iowa. Through contracted relationships, Mercy provides management and support services to these community hospitals. These hospitals work together to share best practices and process improvements, to improve quality and service while lowering the costs of care.